- Bring and buy - Friday 22nd - 3pm
- Term 6 begins on Monday 1st June
- Cycling Week 1st - 4th June - Year 6
Welcome to the Bladon CE Primary School website. We would like to tell you about our wonderful school.
Bladon Primary School is a small 4-class school situated in the quiet, yet vibrant village of Bladon, near Woodstock in Oxfordshire.
We pride ourselves in being a joyful, safe, creative and progressive school, where staff and families work together to nurture self-belief and inspire a love for learning; a place where every child will reach their own unique potential and where all of our children, families and staff are valued, respected and supported; a place where the educational, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of every child will be met; a place where we create meaning and purpose by connecting to each other and our community.
Every day, in every way, we at Bladon Primary School are striving towards...
"Being the best we can be"
Welcome to the New Year at Bladon Church of England Primary School. The
year ahead will be packed full of exciting learning opportunities. The school is continuing to grow and become even more popular. We had a record number of families apply for places for this academic year. Although we are not planning any major physical developments in school we are always looking at being creative with our space. At Bladon we maximise the skill set of our staff. We have several new members of staff this year who are all totally committed to providing another fun, purposeful and supportive school year.
Here is an overview of where we are improving our school during 2014/2015.
- All children given ambitious pupil progress targets
- Increase the rate of progression of all children's spelling
- Develop the use of teacher interaction inside lessons
- Use a variety of progress checks within lessons
- Improve the standards in Writing in KS1
- Increase the amount of hands on materials used inside Maths and Science lessons
- Introduce Mandarin to Bladon CE PS
- Provide children with high quality and interactive marking
- Ensure provision is discussed between the School, the Church and the Community
- Develop our distinctive Christian ethos
- Allow our pupils to plan their own worship
- Improve the resources provided in PE (including the support of The Bladon Games & Recreation Ground Project)
- Ensure all homes are supported in in home school phonics, spelling, reading and Maths
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
Dear Parents and Families
I am pleased to provide you with a copy of the report of our inspection carried out by Ofsted.Please take time to read this analysis of the School, carefully written by Kerry Rochester who rated our school 'Good'. I hope you agree that it reads very well and I thank you for your patience in waiting for its publication.
The two days were tough on all the staff and the children. The inspector was full of praise for the children, who were a total credit to the School and to parents, and hence awarded their behaviour 'outstanding'. They showed a real desire to learn and impress. I was extremely proud of them.
The School's staff were superb; they worked extremely hard during the two days. I am grateful for their efforts. Thank you to the School's Governing Body, who backed our work 100 per cent and were confidently able to sell the School and share their efforts in supporting our improvements.
We were working very hard for an Outstanding rating, so from that perspective I was disappointed. The report makes a small number of recommendations, all of which we agree with. We are fully aware that there are some aspects of School that still need to improve even further. I will be doing my best to make sure that this happens.
As a leader of the School, I am immensely proud of everything that has been achieved and am passionately determined to carry on improving the School's performance.
We will continue to be the 'Best That We Can Be'.
Very kind regards