- 29th November Non-uniform day for
Typhoon Haiyan Appeal
- 17th December, Years 1-6 The Lion, the Witch
and the Wardrobe
- School closed Friday 13th December
Welcome to the Bladon CE Primary School website. We would like to tell you about our wonderful school.
Bladon Primary School is a small 4-class school situated in the quiet, yet vibrant village of Bladon, near Woodstock in Oxfordshire.
We pride ourselves in being a joyful, safe, creative and progressive school, where staff and families work together to nurture self-belief and inspire a love for learning; a place where every child will reach their own unique potential and where all of our children, families and staff are valued, respected and supported; a place where the educational, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of every child will be met; a place where we create meaning and purpose by connecting to each other and our community.
Every day, in every way, we at Bladon Primary School are striving towards...
"Being the best we can be"
Welcome to the New Year at Bladon Church of England Primary School. The
year ahead will be packed full of exciting learning opportunities. Our new
Cherry Class have settled into school life very well. They have been using our
new outdoor area in the first few weeks. This new build consists of; role play,
digging area, chalk/white board and a learning station shelter. This area will
allow Apple Class and Cherry Class to work closely with each other during the
week and will see these year groups take their learning outside more regularly.
Inside the building during the Summer months there has been lots going
on. A long standing project to remove old fire hearths that were a health and
safety concern has been completed. This has given the three classrooms far more
space. In the coming months (with fingers crossed) our new heating system will
be installed and we should be a happy and warm school.
We met as a staff in the second INSET day in September to discuss how
the school was intending to move forward. All staff and Governors contribute to
this vision. We are delighted to agree that to continue to move the school
forward we have again devised a plan that has our children's progress as
Here is an overview of where we are improving our school during 2013/2014.
- All children given ambitious pupil progress targets
- Develop the use of mobile computing in school
- Establish phonics as a reading and spelling strategy tool in KS2
- Increase the rate of progress made in Reading throughout the school
- Continue to develop PE as a school core subject
- Explore further ways to explore community cohesion
- Revise the long term plan for Science (in line with the New National Curriculum)
- Triangulated learning (School, Pupil and Family)
- Pupil Premium Coordination, with a new member of staff tracking and supporting these specific children and families (Ms Jenkins)
- Provide more opportunities for extended writing with feedback
- Ensure that all topics have a clear long term plan
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"