- Talent Show next Friday. Let us know by next
Thursday what you or your group would like to do!
- FoBs are having a cake and book sale this Friday.
We hope to see you all there.
- The 'Our Classes' tab is being updated. Make sure
you have a look at your class page!
Welcome to the Bladon CE Primary School website. We would like to tell you about our wonderful school.
Bladon Primary School is a small, 3-class school, situated in the quiet, yet vibrant village of Bladon, near Woodstock in Oxfordshire.
We pride ourselves in being a joyful, safe, creative and progressive school, where staff and families work together to nurture self-belief and inspire a love for learning; a place where every child will reach their own unique potential and where all of our children, families and staff are valued, respected and supported; a place where the educational, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of every child will be met; a place where we create meaning and purpose by connecting to each other and our community.
Every day, in every way, we at Bladon Primary School are striving towards...
"Being the best we can be"
Please click on the link below to find out more about our School Values and view a short video.
The school met in the Summer months to reflect on what had been successful and what we needed to do to continue to improve. All of the people involved with our school were involved in this process. We also wrote to our families and asked for their ideas. It has resulted in a concise, supportive and progressive plan being written. We know what we are very good at and we are clear about what needs to be worked on.
Some of the key development points include:
- Establishing phonics as our main reading strategy
- Increase the opportunities for extended and independent writing
- Continue to enhance Science as a core subject
- Utilise the learning time at the start of the school day
- Ensure all of our teachers are leaders
- Revise the working groups that our Governing Body work within
- Improve the teaching space for our Foundation Stage Children
2012/13 will be another busy year in our school!
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"